Sentinel Law, P.A. was founded in 2009 with the mission of helping protect others as they seek to improve their lives and businesses. The practice serves North and Central Florida, with practices areas in business law, employment law, probate, and divorce, bankruptcy, wrongful death, intellectual property, healthcare, and real estate law. Whether you're dealing with adversity or opportunity, the right law firm can substantially impact on the outcome.
Having represented Inc. 500 and publicly traded companies in commercial disputes, transactions, risk management, and strategic initiates, Joshua possesses experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom. He has contributed to several published articles in various legal digests and journals, such as the Drake Journal of Law, Florida Bar Journal, and the University of Florida’s Legal Digest on Property Rights. Joshua’s experience focuses on sectors and connections in healthcare compliance, information technology, creditor/debtor issues, hospitality/entertainment, and government affairs. In these verticals, Joshua has handled litigation and transactions surrounding employment disputes, shareholder disputes, IP infringement, and general counsel services.
Joshua has led organizations through significant transitions including IPOs, spin-offs, M&As, and restructuring. 904 & The International Top 100 Magazine have recognized Joshua as one of the top business lawyers today. For over 15 years now he continues to serve in the Florida Army National Guard, carrying military occupational specialties (MOS) for logistics, engineering, and ordnance branches. Joshua attended Florida State University, graduating summa cum laude, with a degree in Psychology & Political Science. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Florida, Levin College of Law. Joshua is member of several civic and national associations.
• University of Florida, Juris Doctor, Blue Key, Pro bono Certificate, John Marshall Bar Assoc. – V. Pres. / Comm. Affairs, Law School Mentoring Project – Cofounder, Asst. Director, Professor M. Olexa’s Research Asst.
• Florida State University, B.S. Political Science & Psychology, Summa Cum Laude
• Florida Atlantic University: Environmental Studies Certificate
COAUTHORED PUBLISHED WORK
• Florida Bar Journal: Udder Nonsense? The Emerging Issue of Raw Milk Sales in Florida, Part I: Regulation, Oct 08
• Florida Bar Journal: A Horse is Horse of Course of Course, But is it Agriculture?, Feb 12
• 2010 Handbook of Fence and Florida Property Law: Adjoining Property Owners, availableat: edis.ifas.ufl.edu/FE106;
• Drake Journal of Law: The Legal Basis for Regulatory Control of Invasive Citrus Pests in Florida: A Review of the
Citrus Canker and Spreading Decline Cases?, Volume 12, Number 3, Fall 2007, p.409.
• Drake Journal of Law: Déjà Moo: Is The Return To Public Sale of Raw Milk Udder Nonsense?, Volume 13, Number
2, Summer 2008, p.305.
• All Florida State Courts – October 2008
• All Florida Federal District Courts (Northern, Middle, and Southern)
• U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit & 1st District Court of Appeals